The Alumni Association is dedicated to the mission of La Salle College High School and its namesake, Saint John Baptist de La Salle. The mission has at its core the education of young men of various financial means. Accordingly, one of the primary goals of the Alumni Association is the funding of need-based grants for the sons and grandsons of Alumni. The Alumni Association also effectively supports eight decades of active Alumni with various communications, publications, and events throughout the year.
2016-17 Officers of the Alumni Association
Ahamefula A. Amachi '88
Max S. Morgan '06
Joseph F. D'Angelo, EdD '63
Richard J. Target '99
Kyle M. Elliott '01
Edwin J. Feeny, Jr. '62
Immediate Past President
William J. Bryers, Esq. '73
Brett T. Foley ‘00
2016-17 Directors of the Alumni Association
Chikwere N. Amachi, PhD, ‘99
Joseph J. Brooks '77
Philip E. Cassidy '70
Richard A. Danze, Jr. '11
Robert L. Griffith '62
F. Thomas Lyons '05
George T. Magnatta, Esq. '73
James E. Maloney, Jr., PE '93
James E. McCloskey '64
Ian P. McLaughlin '03
Samuel A. Morgan '08
Robert L. Stott '06
Joseph M. Talecki '77
Gregory F. Vizza, Esq. '99
Joseph W. Winning, Esq. '05
2016-17 Trustees of the Alumni Association
Ronald M. Bean '86
Gerard J. Binder '69
William J. Bryers, Esq. '73
Christopher M. Carabello '82
David P. Cattie '68
James A. Donahue III '86
Michael F. Donohoe, DC '79
John C. Fenningham, Esq. '68
Timothy J. Foley '66
Joseph M. Gallo '74
Robert J. Gerngross '74
Anthony J. Gillespie '68
Conrad T. Heckmann '84
Gerard M. Lowery, CPA '78
Andrew J. Malone, CPA, MST '78
John J. Malone, Esq. '73
Robert F. McAnespey '66
Robert J. McCreight, Sr. '71
Brian C. McGeehan, CFP '95
James T. McLaughlin '57
Conrad J. Miller '50
Robert P. Moran '69
Thomas M. O'Keefe '63
Joseph J. Slabinski III '67
Robert T. Szostak, Esq. '72
Scott H. Wolpert, Esq. '84
John W. Wozniak '77
Revised June 2002
l. NAME: La Salle College High School Alumni Association
2. OBJECTIVE: The Alumni Association has as its chief purpose a commitment to support the philosophy, goals and objectives of La Salle College High School and the educational mission of the Brothers of the Christian Schools. Further, the Association shall encourage interest and good fellowship among its members; work for their spiritual and temporal needs; and promote the welfare of La Salle College High School, its students and faculty.
The Alumni Association operates under the authority of the Board of Trustees of La Salle College High School in cooperation with the President of La Salle College High School and under the direction of a moderator who is appointed by the President. The moderator reports directly to the President, who in turn reports to the Board of Trustees of La Salle College High School.
3. MEMBERSHIP: All students who attended La Salle College High School and who either graduated or left La Salle in good standing are members of the Alumni Association. Active membership is enjoyed by those who contribute by way of the Annual Giving Drive or Alumni Dues. Dues are to be set yearly by the Alumni Association and administered by the Alumni Office personnel.
4. OFFICERS: The Board of Directors shall consist of at least ten (10) members and their terms shall be as follows:
President One Year
President-Elect One Year
Vice-President One Year
Vice-President One Year
Treasurer One Year
Secretary One Year
At-Large Members One Year
DUTIES OF BOARD AND OFFICERS
A. The Board of Directors shall report directly to the President of La Salle College High School or his designate on all matters.
B. At the first meeting following the death, removal or resignation of any Officer or member of the Board of Directors, the Board may elect a replacement for the unexpired term of the
C. The Board shall determine the amount of dues to be collected and shall determine all details as to the method of collection.
D. The interpretation of these By-Laws shall be vested in the Board of Directors in consultation with the moderator of the Alumni Association and the President of La Salle College High School.
E. The President of the Association shall preside at all meetings of the Board and Alumni. He is the Chief Executive Officer and he or his designate shall represent the Alumni and the Board at all official functions.
F. The President of the Association shall have the authority to name chairmen and members of all committees of which he becomes an ex-officio member. He shall suggest standing and special committees for approval by vote of the Board of Directors.
G. The President-Elect of the Association shall assist the President and shall act for him in his absence.
H. The President-Elect of the Association shall succeed to the Presidency in the case of a vacancy caused by the death, incapacity or resignation of the President. The President-Elect shall be Chairman of the By-Laws committee.
I. The Secretary shall keep all records, reports, rolls, correspondence, minute books and accounts, and shall make available such regular and special reports as the Board of Directors may direct. All records shall be permanent and shall remain the property of the Alumni. The minutes of the previous meeting shall be read before each Board Meeting and approved by a majority of the Board present.
J. The Treasurer shall prepare a report for delivery at each regular meeting of the Board of Directors and this report shall be included in the minutes of the meeting. These reports, in addition to the annual report, shall be submitted to the Comptroller and the President of La Salle College High School. The Treasurer shall be the Chairman of the Finance Committee.
K. All Board Members must be present or accounted for at all duly authorized meetings or be subject to the discipline of the
Board of Directors acting as a majority.
5. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
The officers of the Board of Directors shall convene, at the discretion of the President of the Association, as an executive committee.
6. MEETINGS: Regularly scheduled meetings of the Board of Directors shall be held as determined by the President of the Board of Directors. Any Board member may request special meetings, as any regularly scheduled meeting. Advance notice of meetings and agenda items shall be given to Board members no less than one week prior to the meeting.
7. COMMITTEES: Standing Committees shall be appointed by the President of the Association at the first scheduled Board Meeting of the alumni year. Membership on a committee is restricted to an active member of the Alumni Association. The duties and terms of office for these committee members shall be mutually agreed upon by the President, the Board, and committee members. Special committees shall be appointed by the President as the need arises. The chairmen of the various committees shall be responsible for minutes, memos and/or reports of committee meetings and events, and shall turn same over to the Secretary for inclusion in Association archives.
8. ELECTIONS: Nominations for Officers and Board Members will be made by a Nominating Committee appointed by the President of the Association and approved by the Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee is to report its nominations to the Board of Directors at the May meeting. The Board of Directors will review nominations from the Nominating Committee and any others that are forthcoming upon invitation from General Membership. After all nominations are received and reviewed, they may be voted upon by the Board of Directors. Newly-elected officers and members of the Board of Directors shall take their places at the first regularly scheduled meeting after their election. Election to the Board of Directors shall be by a simple majority of all Board members. All voting shall be carried out by a show of hands or written ballot at the discretion of the meeting Chairman.
9. BOARD OF TRUSTEES:
This Board will be comprised of all living ex-presidents of the Association. They shall serve to oversee the Association and to offer advice as they see fit. The Chairman of this Board shall be the immediate Past President of the Alumni Association. If, for any reason, this cannot be accomplished, the Board shall elect a new Chairman by majority vote. This Board shall meet at least yearly and thereafter as often as they see fit.
10. QUORUM: One more than half of the Board of Directors must be present to conduct business.
Standing and Special Committees shall proceed according to their own needs.
11. ORGANIZATIONAL DISCIPLINE:
As pertains to the active membership at large, all disciplinary measures lie with the Board of Directors. The Board shall rule by simple majority in the best interest of the Association.
12. ADOPTION OF PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY:
"Modern Parliamentary Procedure"
Author: Ray E. Keesey
13. PROCEDURE FOR AMENDING BY-LAWS:
By-laws shall be amended on the motion of a member of the Board of Directors and approved by a three-fourths (3/4) majority of all members of the Board of Directors. Once approved by the Board of Directors, the amendment(s) is sent to the President of La Salle College High School who gives final approval in the name of the Board of Trustees of La Salle College High School.
The Alumni Association was founded in 1969, and reorganized in 1982, in an effort to support the philosophy, goals, and objectives of La Salle College High School and the educational mission of the Christian Brothers.
The Alumni Association consists of all individuals who have graduated from La Salle College High School. A Board of Directors, as well as a Board of Trustees, guides the Association. The Board of Directors is elected from active members of the Alumni Association and is led by a President, a President-Elect, two Vice Presidents, a Treasurer, and a Secretary. The Board of Trustees consists of all former Presidents of the Alumni Association. The Board's Chairman is the Association’s immediate Past President.
The Alumni Association operates from Alumni House, a refurbished residence adjacent to the school, which was purchased from the Donahue Family in 1983 from funds raised by generous Alumni. The former art studio of Mrs. Donahue now houses the Office of the President of La Salle College High School. The living room has been converted into a board room, where the Alumni Association holds its monthly meetings and numerous other functions. Alumni House is likewise home to the Vice-President of Institutional Advancement and a dedicated support staff whose timeless efforts serve the day-to-day operations of the Insitutional Advancement Office and the Alumni Association.
The Board of Directors meets on the second Tuesday of each month. Meetings are open to all active members of the Alumni Association.