LA SALLE COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2012
LET US REMEMBER WE ARE IN THE HOLY PRESENCE OF GOD
ST. JOHN BAPTIST de LA SALLE PRAY FOR US.
LIVE JESUS IN OUR HEARTS FOREVER!
LSC HOMEROOM COLLECTON: Make a difference in the lives of children! LSC will be collecting money to support needy schools. Collections will take place in homeroom from September 24th – 28th. Thanks for all you do!!!
- Any senior who plans on applying to Davidson College should see Mrs. O’Connell by the end of school TODAY, September 24th!
- AES Scholarship for Engineers deadline is Friday, October 5th. Please visit http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm
- If you are applying to a college or university for Early Decision or Early Action and it has a deadline of November 1st, November 15th or December 1st you MUST inform Mrs. O’Connell NO LATER than Friday, October 5th.
- SAT: The deadlines to register for the October SAT have passed. The test is offered again November 3rd with an initial registration of October 4th.
- ACT: The initial deadline to register for the October 27th ACT is September 21st. Apply online at www.actstudent.org.
COLLEGE VISITS: If you are interested in meeting with an admissions officer and if you are free please come to the College Counseling Center at the designated time.
|Monday, September 24th||8:30am||Stevens Institute of Technology|
| ||10:45am||Hartwick College|
|Tuesday, September 25th||10:15am||Northeastern University|
| ||1:00pm||Vanderbilt University|
|Wednesday, September 26th||10:30am||University of Massachusetts, Amherst|
| ||11:30am||Dartmouth College|
| ||1:30pm||Stonehill College|
|Thursday, September 27th ||10:00am||Monmouth University|
| ||11:00am||Fordham University|
|Friday, September 28th ||9:00am||Colgate University|
| ||10:00am||Princeton University|
| ||11:45am||Juniata College|
- JUNIORS BAER/MORRISSEY PSAT-SAT CLASS: Review classes on Thursday, October 4th and Wednesday, October 10th. Pick up Practice Test in the Front Office.
- FRESHMAN RETREATS: Will be Wednesday, September 26th for homerooms 1A to 5A and Thursday, September 27th homerooms 6A to 10A. On the day of retreat immediately following homeroom period students are asked to report to the Chapel. You are to bring your own lunch. Dress code is in effect. Students are responsible for all missed work. Do not bring school bag to retreat!
- INTRAMURALS: Junior/ Senior basketball intramurals will resume next Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Rosters for freshmen/sophomore intramurals will be given out today in homeroom and must be returned no later than next Thursday, September 27th.
- FRESHMAN/NOVICE CREW TEAM MEETING: Any freshman NOT involved in a fall sport there will be a brief informational meeting after school TODAY, September 24th at 2:30pm in room 331 for all those interested trying out for the FRESHMAN/NOVICE crew team in January. Please see Mr. Mieczkowski if you cannot attend or if you have any questions. Please plan on staying about 20 minutes.
- CHESS CLUB: Anyone interested in playing and learning chess is welcome to come to room 310 at 2:30pm on Tuesday, September 25th.
- YEARBOOK: There will be a yearbook meeting on Tuesday, September 26th at 2:30pm in the yearbook office. New and returning members welcome!
- LA SALLE ACADEMY: LSA Tutors, please check the list posted outside the Student Affairs Office to see if you are scheduled to tutor on Tuesday. If you are scheduled and cannot attend, please obtain a substitute or see Mr. Cipolla ASAP. The bus will leave promptly at 3:00pm from the front of the school!
- MODEL U.N.: Meeting on Wednesday, September 26th at 2:20pm in room 212.
- WRESTLING TEAM: The wrestling team has begun their fall workouts and wants to offer the opportunity for any and all students NOT involved in a fall sport to consider participation in these workouts. Whether you are considering wrestling in the winter, want to see what these fall workouts have to offer, or just want to stay in shape these workouts will allow you to do so. The wrestling team's fall workouts consist of crossfit, strength and conditioning workouts on Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's beginning at 2:45pm to 4:00pm in the wrestling room and wrestling and technique workouts on Tuesday's from 6:30pm to 8:00pm in the wrestling room. We hope to see you there.
- THE HUMAN RIGHTS CLUB: Is collecting clothing for the less fortunate people of Kensington. Any type of clothing will be accepted as long as it is in usable condition. Hats, gloves, jackets, pants, sweats, hoodies, etc., both children and adult clothing is needed. You can drop off the clothes in the Religion Department or see Mr. Williams in room 206 before homeroom.