Information for Families Applying for Aid for the 2013-14 School Year
Thank you for your interest in La Salle College High School for the 2013-14 school year. To be considered for financial aid, you must complete your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) by November 30, 2012 for Freshman and December 7, 2012 for Upperclassman. We will communicate decisions about financial aid before registration. All applications must be complete in order to be considered for financial aid.
La Salle College High School awards limited financial aid on the basis of documented need to those families of students who qualify through the CHRISTIAN BROTHERS' GRANT PROGRAM. The amount of the grant is determined by the Financial Aid Committee and is based on the total funds available, the total number of applicants for financial aid, the designated financial need of each family as indicated by the School & Student Service for Financial Aid in Princeton, NJ and the Financial Aid Policies of La Salle College High School. Grant funds, which are not fully expended due to student withdrawal, will be returned to the grant fund for future distribution.
The primary responsibility for financing education rests with the family. Financial aid at La Salle College High School is determined by a family‘s ability to meet educational expenses; it is based on need not willingness or unwillingness to pay. Divorced or separated parents retain the obligation to contribute to the education of their children whether or not there is a legal agreement to do so. In this instance both parents must complete a required Financial Aid application either jointly or separately. Financial aid grants will be made only after considering the financial resources of both parents or parent and step-parent. Financial Aid Grants will not be awarded to students with outstanding tuition payments until arrangements have been made with the La Salle Business Office.
La Salle College High School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its admission or financial aid program. The Admissions Committee of La Salle College High School makes no distinction between applicants who request aid and those who do not. Admission to La Salle College High School is entirely separate from consideration for financial aid. Families of enrolled students currently receiving aid must reapply for financial assistance each year.
- APPLICANTS FOR THE NINTH GRADE (Class of 2017) - Application deadlines
UPPERCLASSMEN (Classes of 2014, 2015 and 2016) - Application deadlines
- NOVEMBER 30, 2012 - Financial Statement and 2011 Tax returns due at SSS.
- JANUARY 13, 2013 - Copies of your final pay stubs for 2012 due at SSS.
- DECEMBER 7, 2012 - Financial Statements and 2011 Tax returns due at SSS.
- JANUARY 13, 2013 - Copies of your final pay stubs for 2012 due at SSS
PLEASE NOTE: Families with both an upper-classman and an incoming freshman should adhere to the November 30th deadline.
There is a separate financial statement for parents who are owners of businesses that must be completed. These forms are available upon request at La Salle or online at http://sss.nais.org/parents then click on download forms. This form must be returned to SSS by the deadlines list above.
Mr. Kevin B. Dougherty
Director of Financial Aid
La Salle College High School
8605 Cheltenham Ave.
Wyndmoor, PA 19038-7199
- Instructions, including the cost of the service, are on the front of the form in the General Information section. The School & Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS) processes the information and evaluates the financial need of applicants. A computer printout and the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) are then sent to La Salle College High School.
- A family who submits a late or incomplete Parents Financial Statement (PFS) form may be excluded from consideration for aid. In addition, a family who does not forward a copy of their 2011 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return Form and 2012 final pay stubs may also be excluded.
- All forms submitted to the Financial Aid Committee will be held in strict confidence.
- Applicants for the Class of 2017 will be notified of their financial aid status prior to registration in February.
- Families of students presently attending La Salle College High School (Classes of ’14 ’15 and ’16) will be notified of financial aid status prior to upper-class registration in the spring of 2013.
- Please remember that your FILE WILL BE COMPLETE ONLY after SSS has received:
- a report of financial need, based on financial data reported for the calendar year 2012
- a copy of your U.S. Individual Income Tax Return Form (1040) for 2011
- a copy of your final pay stubs for 2012
- Business and Farm Statement (where applicable)
- If separated or divorced both parents must file either jointly or separately