2009 LaSalle BOOTERS CLUB Soccer
Welcome to the 2009 La Salle Soccer Season! All of the coaches and players are enthusiastically looking forward to a successful season.
The Booters Club is the soccer organization, led by the parents, which offers support to all of the athletes involved on the Varsity, Junior Varsity, and freshman team.
We have many things planned for this season:
- Email blasts to our parents and alumni to keep them informed of current events
- Annual Soccer Liturgy and breakfast takes place Saturday morning September 12th at 8:00am followed by a JV and Varsity home game against Archbishop Carroll at 11:00
- La Salle Gear & Apparel (shirts, sweats, hats, etc.) on sale
- A first time ever Alumni game is planned for on Saturday October 12th. Warmups begin at 11:00, game at 12:00 noon.
- In October we will have an important fundraiser (more details below)
- Annual Parent Social (late September…early October, actual date tbd)
- Home game refreshments for our players along with pizza & pasta parties
- End of season Soccer Banquet
To make all of this happen we are going to need many volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering your time and talents please contact the 2009 Booters Club Co-Presidents, Tim Peifer or Ron Kurylo at email@example.com.
Below is more information related to the Club including our important October fundraiser.
The La Salle Soccer Booters Club exists to enhance the overall student-athlete experience by providing spiritual, social, and financial support to the teams, coaches and student-athletes during the course of the soccer season. The Booters Club is led by the Booters President and is governed by the administration of La Salle College High School and are under the direction of the head coach and the athletic director.
The Booters Club supports all of the student-athletes on the Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshmen teams. To be successful in our mission we need every parent’s participation and support at both the games and the Booters Club functions as much as is possible. No student-athlete nor their parents will be excluded from participating on the team or its events due to the inability of a family to afford any of the related or requested fees.
Booters Club Fees and Fundraising events
In 2009, the Booters Club intends on raising funds via a nominal ‘Club Fee’, participation of its members in fund-raising events (e.g. daily number lottery) and Gear sales so that it may fulfill its mission.
October Daily Lottery Fundraiser
During September each player/parent will be asked to sell a total of 15 “lottery” tickets before September 25th. Each ticket costs $10. A random three-digit number (000-999) appears on each ticket. During the month of October if the ticket-holder’s 3-digit number matches the 3-digit number of Pennsylvania’s Pick 3 daily number they will win $25. If they match the number on a Saturday they will win $50 and if they win on Halloween (10/31) they will win $100. This is an extremely important part of our fund raising for the year.