The new La Salle Student Portal provides a number of useful functions (outlined below), which are intended to help and enrich the La Salle experience. Below is most of the information that you will need to log on to and start using the portal.
How do I log on to the portal?
The username and password for the Student Portal is the same as your username and password for La Salle's network.
At the beginning of the school year all student network accounts were reset and the Daily Bulletin instructed all students to go to the Computer Lab and sign in to change their password. Your "username" was in most cases your last name and first initial of your first name. A school-wide "password" was given from the technology department. If you still have any problems logging in then please stop down to the compouter lab and provide us with the details of your problem.
What is on the portal that I can use?
The portal has a number of functions outlined below:
- My Account: this section contains links to change account settings and to log off from the portal.
- My Classes and Groups: this section contains links to any courses that have been set-up by your teachers. Some teachers still have public Web Sites available through the Faculty Directory.
- La Salle Directory: this has a selection of contact details for members of the school community.
- My Bookmarks: links that are personally useful to you can be saved using My Bookmarks. All you need to do is click on "add" and copy and paste the web address form the address bar on your browser to the "New Bookmark URL" field. Then enter a "Display Title" and click "Create Bookmark" to save it. You can then access that link every time you log on.
- Student Announcements: this section contains news and notes from around campus.
- Today's Events: this is a calendar of the current day's events throughout campus. Click on the Calendar icon for the full school calendar. Click on the Clipboard to add/remove calendars from this list.
- Weather at La Salle: this section will have a 5 day forcast for Glenside, PA from weather.com.
- RRS Feeds: (found in "Add a new element")
Example: RRS: ESPN.com
What is RSS?
RSS (Rich Site Summary) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it.
Why RSS? Benefits and Reasons for using RSS
RSS solves a problem for people who regularly use the web. It allows you to easily stay informed by retrieving summaries of the latest content from the sites you are interested in. You save time by not needing to visit each site individually. You ensure your privacy, by not needing to join each site's email newsletter.