2022-23 Health and Safety Protocols
Personal responsibility for oneself and concern for the well-being of others.
As a general rule, a student who is out sick with specific symptoms should remain home until he is symptom free for 24 hours. If his illness is confirmed Covid related, he will need to follow the necessary isolation/masking guidelines (see below).
La Salle will follow the guidance of the Montgomery County Office of Public Health and the CDC for reported cases of COVID-19.
- Families should alert the school about COVID positive tests and/or exposure to confirmed positive individuals.
- Following of Montgomery County OPH and CDC guidance for School Exclusion protocols for COVID-19 and/or exposure.
- Current quarantine and isolation guidance can be found here at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/quarantine-isolation.html
2022-23 COVID Mitigation Effort
- Optional Masking
- Permission to leave when classes finished after 12:30 PM
- Added day porters (2)
- Re-engineer HVAC for 100% fresh air exchange 16 hrs/7 days per ASHRAE recommendations
- Upgraded MERV filters changed bi-monthly
Vaccinated vs Unvaccinated:
- Vaccines encouraged, but are not required for school attendance or participation in school sponsored activities/travel. Families should seek advice from their health care provider in making vaccination decisions.
- Note: No quarantine because of exposure for vaccinated students