Swim Team Wins 25th Consecutive Catholic League Championship
The La Salle College High School Swim Team won their 25th consecutive Philadelphia Catholic League Championship on Saturday, February 16, 2013 at La Salle University. The program has won every PCL Championship since 1989.
The Explorers scored 1,014 points, more than double the number of points of any other opponent.
The Explorers swept all three relays and won all the individual events except for two. Individual winners included Joe Maginnis (50free/100 Backstroke), Sean Regan (200 IM), Greg Brocato (100 Butterfly), Greg Rogers (100 Freestyle), Brendan Koch (100 Breastroke).
Later that same evening, La Salle captured the District 12 (City) Championship for the 5th straight year by capturing all three relays and sweeping (first, second, and third place finishes) six of the individual events. La Salle has won the District XII title every year since joining the PIAA.
The team will now focus its attention to defending their 2012 state title at the PIAA Pennsylvania State Championships, which will be held March 13-16, 2013 at Bucknell University.
For more information on the La Salle College High School Swimming Program, visit www.lschs.org/swimming.
2013 PCL Championships Team Results
1. La Salle College High School 1014 2. St. Joseph's Preparatory School 501
3. Roman Catholic High School 207 4. Father Judge 196
5. Archbishop Ryan High School 161 6. Cardinal O'Hara High School 152
7. Monsignor Bonner High School 129 8. Archbishop Wood High School 90
9. Archbishop Carroll 85 10. Lansdale Catholic High School 40