Class of 2020 Explores Lasallian Identity
The Class of 2020 participated in their freshman retreat on August 31, 2016 and began to "explore" their Lasallian Identity.
As part of their introduction to La Salle College High
School, the freshmen class participated in a class wide retreat on Tuesday,
August 31, 2016. The theme of the
retreat was Lasallian Identity. Throughout the day, the freshmen class had the
opportunity to reflect on the core values of faith, service, and community that
are hallmarks of a Lasallian education.
Highlights of the day included:
- an opening prayer service and induction ceremony followed by presentation of the "Class Tie,"
- introduction to La Salle College High School and Lasallian Identity by senior student leaders,
- faculty, staff, and student leader led presentations on the significance of our school seal and how it can be applied,
- community building exercises followed by discussion,
- personal reflections on Lasallian Identity given by upperclassmen,
- small group discussions facilitated by faculty, staff, and student leaders, and
- an iintroduction to the Lasallian Call to Service by Reverend John Olenik, C.Ss.R., Pastor of Visitation BVM in the Kensington section of Philadelphia along with Ministry and Service Leadership Team members.
The day concluded with a class Mass in the gym celebrated by Father Olenik. The hard work of fifteen Mission and Ministry Student Leaders along with over forty members of the faculty and staff made the day possible.