La Salle Partners with La Salle University to Offer Summer Course in China
La Salle College High School is excited to announce a unique international academic opportunity for rising juniors and sophomores in the summer of 2018.
La Salle College High School is excited to announce a unique international academic opportunity for rising juniors and sophomores in the summer of 2018. Through a partnership with La Salle University, our students are offered the chance to learn about international marketing, earn three college credits from La Salle University's School of Business, and to travel to China – all with your peers from LSCHS! Students will attend some classes on La Salle University's campus prior to the trip. The trip will be organized and run by an experienced professor and native Chinese speaker from La Salle University. A representative from La Salle College High School will accompany the students on the 12-day trip.
- Pre-trip on-campus classes from June 25 to July 22 – either once a week for 4.5 hours or twice a week for 2.5 hours
- 12-day trip from July 23 to August 3 trip to China
- Explore cultural sites, e.g. The Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, Hutongs Pearl Tower, Bund, Wuzhen, cruise on Huangpu River
- Interact with business leaders of most likely of US companies in China
- Interact with college students/professors and possibly high school students too
- Cost is $4,050 which covers the tuition and fees for the college credits and the majority of travel expenses including flight, in-country travel, and lodging