First Semester Exam Schedule Posted
First semester exams will be administered Monday, January 14, 2019 through Friday, January 18, 2019.
The exam schedule for the first semester is now available here on our website. Although significant changes to the examination schedule are not anticipated, minor edits may occur before the end of first semester classes on Friday, January 11, 2019. Any updated versions of the schedule will be posted on our website.
If you identify a conflict between two exams, you should consult your instructors right away. It is expected that you will be able to resolve the conflict with your instructors' assistance.
Also, please note that there will be a My BackPack "blackout" period for students and parents from the morning of Monday, January 14, 2019 until the morning of Friday, January 25, 2019. This will allow teachers to have sole access to My BackPack to finalize their grades. Students and parents will not be able to see any assignments or grades during this period. Report cards will be posted online on Friday, January 25, 2019 and also mailed at that time.
In the event that inclement weather forces a school closing on an examination day, students will take the previously untaken exams in sequence the next day that school is open. For example, if the exams scheduled for Tuesday, January 15, 2019 were canceled due to snow, those exams would be given on Wednesday, January 16, 2019 and the January 16th exams would move to the next school day. Consult the website for late-breaking announcements.
A few more things:
- Students must be in dress code while in the building.
- The library and student center are bound to be crowded spaces at times during exam week. On Monday, due to the double exam periods, the gym will have the bleachers down for additional study space.
- Students are not permitted in the gym without a staff member present or the locker room area without a coach.
- Make sure you arrive a little early for each of your scheduled exams.
- Don't forget your textbook if you need to turn one in at your exam.
- Students are allowed to leave an exam after one hour has elapsed (except during Monday's first exam – English). If a student leaves early, he must quickly vacate the academic wings of the school.
Good luck with finishing the semester in strong standing and with preparing thoroughly for each exam!