Janitor (Full Time)
La Salle College High School, a Catholic independent, college preparatory school for young men of varied backgrounds, is conducted in the tradition of St. John Baptist de La Salle. Through a broad and balanced, human and Christian education, La Salle College High School guides each student in the development of his unique God-given talents and fosters a commitment to academic excellence, service, and leadership.
La Salle College High School seeks a full time Janitor to provide a clean and safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Under general supervision, the candidate will independently perform routine and specialized cleaning of classrooms, offices, restrooms, common areas, athletic areas, and other spaces as needed on its 83+ acre campus. Responsiblities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cleans classrooms, restrooms, offices, common areas, athletic areas, entrances, elevators, and other spaces as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes furniture, shelving, blackboards, whiteboards, AV equipment, light fixtures, air vents, ceiling tiles, walls, door trim, and blinds.
- Cleans and sanitizes restroom commodes, vanity, toilets, urinals, floors, walls, partitions, and any other surfaces.
- Replenishes soap, paper, and hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Cleans glass surfaces on windows, doors, and exhibit cases.
- Cleans water fountains.
- Disposes of trash and recyclables daily.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors/VCT using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing/buffing machines.
- Identifies and removes stains from surfaces such as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Cleans any spills/accidents using proper procedures.
- Reports facilities requests via work order.
- Tracks and requests supplies.
- Event setup.
- Incidental seasonal tasks.
- Performs other tasks as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 5+ years related experience.
- Ability to apply common sense and to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Establish and maintain a positive rapport with all school constituents.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to adverse environmental conditions such as: extreme temperatures, wetness, humidity, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, odors, and/or loud noises.
- Active physical activity; requires handling of heavy weight objects up to 60 lbs. and standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- Performs some duties at heights up to 8 feet using ladder or scaffolding.
Full time is defined as Monday through Friday from 8AM until 4PM. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Prospective applicants may send a current resume and the La Salle College High School Application for Employment to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
La Salle seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds and interests committed to the mission of the school. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.