La Salle College High School seeks a part time, Maintenance Assistant to join the Facilities Department. This position performs maintenance, grounds-keeping, and custodial tasks to enusre the care and uptake of the 84-acre campus.
- Perform grounds maintenance such as leaf and snow removal.
- Perform building maintenance and repairs, as needed.
- Maintain pavement and asphalt by cutting edges and patching, as needed.
- Perform structural maintenance activities such as the painting of playground and field equipment, the reparation of fences and gates, and the preparation of athletic fields.
- Perform cleanup and worksite restoration activities such as waste disposal.
- Operate various electric, gas and manually powered tools and equipment.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance and cleaning of equipment used.
- Respond to and takes appropriate actions in the event of emergency or critical incidents to resolve, confine or prevent potentially injurious or hazardous conditions.
- Request supplies as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Relevant maintenance experience.
- Ability to operate standard custodial and grounds-keeping equipment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to ascertain which people may need immediate assistance and to act accordingly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school environment.
- Knowledge of and adherence to O.S.H.A. requirements and guidelines.
- Basic first aid skills.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Tasks involve the ability to exert heavy physical effort in heavy work, including climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials weighing 20 to 50 lbs; objects may occasionally weigh 100 lbs.
- Tasks are regularly performed with potential exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as strong odors, fumes, dusts, wetness, humidity, machinery, vibrations, temperature and noise extremes, disease, pathogenic substances and toxic/poisonous agents.
Please send a current resume and the La Salle College High School Application for Employment to Joanna Bonner, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Employment Application (PDF)
Employment Application (DOC)
La Salle seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds and interests committed to the mission of the school.
La Salle College High School, a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for young men of varied backgrounds, is conducted in the tradition of St. John Baptist de La Salle. Through a broad and balanced, human and Christian education, La Salle College High School guides each student in the development of his unique God-given talents and fosters a commitment to academic excellence, service, and leadership.