Position Title Security Officer
Date Modified August 2018
Reports to Director of Facilities
Performs building security and lock procedures to provide a safe and secure campus environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors [within the framework of campus policies and procedures and management directives]. Provides a high level of service by assisting with general questions and requests. Acts as a first responder in routine and emergency situations.
- Performs lock procedures on La Salle's 84+ acre campus property including its athletic facilities and environmental study area Monday through Friday from 2PM until 10PM and on specified event days (as needed).
- Maintains electronic and keyed security controls of door access.
- Routinely patrols and monitors assigned areas on foot and/or in assigned motor vehicle to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Assists in traffic control during daily student dismissal and other times as needed.
- Monitors campus entry for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions.
- Notifies the Springfield Township police, as appropriate.
- Reports all problems and emergencies to the Director of Facilities and documents in an incident report.
- Responds to and takes appropriate actions in the event of emergency or critical incidents to resolve, confine or prevent potentially injurious or hazardous conditions.
- Monitors camera footage through CCTV, alerts the Director of Faculties of any outages or malfunctioning equipment and recovers recorded footage as needed.
- Performs periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or street lights to ensure proper functioning; reports malfunctions as required.
- Assists in snow removal to support campus operations.
- Assists the Facilities Department with event set-up and breakdowns (as needed).
- Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- At least 3 years of directly related field experience, which may include certification or practicum training.
- Valid PA State driver's license.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED certification.
- Submission to successful PA Act 153 clearances and, motor vehicle report check.
- Ability to successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to complete routine paperwork.
- Ability to perform basic computer skills for the use of email, computer-based incident reporting system, alarm system, and CCTV system.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and service orientation.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations by using strong conflict resolution skills.
- Skill in performing building security and lock procedures.
- Ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
- Skill in providing protection services to individuals on campus.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to apply basic first aid.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to adverse environmental conditions such as: extreme temperatures, wetness, humidity, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, odors, and/or loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity; requires handling of heavy weight objects up to 75 lbs. and standing or walking for extended periods of time. Ability to exert heavy physical activity occasionally including climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling.
To apply please send a current resume and the La Salle College High School Application for Employment to Joanna Bonner, Human Resources, at email@example.com.
Employment Application (PDF)
Employment Application (DOC)
La Salle seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds and interests committed to the mission of the school.
La Salle College High School, a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for young men of varied backgrounds, is conducted in the tradition of St. John Baptist de La Salle. Through a broad and balanced, human and Christian education, La Salle College High School guides each student in the development of his unique God-given talents and fosters a commitment to academic excellence, service, and leadership.