La Salle College High School seeks a full time, Skilled Mechanic in the Facilities Department. This position performs maintenance, grounds-keeping, and custodial tasks to enusre the care and uptake of the 84-acre campus. A minimum of three years relevant experience required; technical education preferred.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machinery, building, and grounds.
- Perform routine maintenance on swimming pools.
- Perform grounds maintenance tasks such as leaf and snow removal.
- Perform building maintenance and repairs, as required.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on plumbing and mechanical systems.
- Perform cleanup and worksite restoration activities such as waste disposal.
- Operate a variety of electric, gas and manual hand and power tools and equipment.
- Assist in the maintenance of the HVAC equipment.
- Assist with the Energy Management System, Tridium.
- Paint interior and exterior spaces, including athletic fields.
- Respond to and take appropriate actions in the event of emergency or critical incidents to resolve, confine or prevent potentially injurious or hazardous conditions.
- Request and order supplies as needed.
- Perform indoor and outdoor event setup.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical education preferred.
- Three years of relevant maintenance experience.
- Ability to operate standard custodial and grounds-keeping equipment.
- Excellent communication skills with all constituents in a school environment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to ascertain which people may need immediate assistance and to act accordingly.
- Knowledge of and adherence to O.S.H.A. requirements and guidelines.
- Basic first aid skills.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Tasks involve the ability to exert heavy physical effort in heavy work, including climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials weighing 20 to 50 pounds; objects may occasionally exceed this range.
- Tasks are regularly performed with potential exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as strong odors, fumes, dusts, wetness, humidity, machinery, vibrations, temperature and noise extremes.
Please send a current resume and the La Salle College High School Application for Employment to Joanna Bonner, Human Resources, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Employment Application (PDF)
Employment Application (DOC)
La Salle seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds and interests committed to the mission of the school.
La Salle College High School, a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for young men of varied backgrounds, is conducted in the tradition of St. John Baptist de La Salle. Through a broad and balanced, human and Christian education, La Salle College High School guides each student in the development of his unique God-given talents and fosters a commitment to academic excellence, service, and leadership.