Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
A key tenet of a Lasallian institution is inclusivity
- We believe that that every member of our community deserves to be valued, respected, and included no matter the backdrop of the individual.
- At La Salle we strive to create an environment where differences in race, culture, religion, socioeconomic status, learning style, and sexual orientation are accepted and understood.
- Even more, we want our graduates to thrive in a world that is increasingly diverse, interconnected, and global-minded. Our goal is to develop our students in this new world through exposure to and dialog about differences of thought and background.
Initiatives taken by La Salle to create an inclusive environment
- Hired a Director of Diversity
- Created a council of 9 faculty and staff members who are especially dedicated to the work of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Formed four subgroups devoted to various sectors of school life that enhance Diversity and Inclusivity: Student mentorship, DEIB student education, Faculty and student communication, and Diversity & Inclusivity in the curriculum.
The work of DEIB, in essence, is spiritual, emotional, and concentrated. To me, it means that students, faculty, and staff work together to ensure that all members of the Lasallian community feel valued, respected, visible, and celebrated.D'Juan Lyons
DEIB Council Member
Our DEIB Committee has organized various events throughout the month for the La Salle Community.
- What is the Purpose for Diversity and Inclusion?
- What is the Diverse Population at La Salle?
- Why is Diversity Important for Students, Teachers and Families?
- How Can I Contribute to Building and Maintaining a Diverse and Inclusive La Salle Community?
- Is there Someone I Can Talk to if I have More Questions?
- What is the role of the DEIB Council?
- What is the purpose of the four DEIB subgroups: Student mentorship, DEIB student education, Faculty and student communication, and Diversity & Inclusivity in the curriculum?
- Which faculty and staff members are included in the DEIB council?