Device of Choice Program
La Salle College High School’s Technology Vision seeks to provide an environment that empowers students through access to technology for the communication of information and ideas. To that end, La Salle’s Device of Choice Program will allow students to utilize the device with which they are most comfortable to access La Salle’s technology infrastructure.
In response to the technology use survey, La Salle recognizes the desire of students and parents to choose the devices students will use while in school. The Device of Choice program lets students continue to develop their technological skills while using a device that meets their personal educational needs.
- What does La Salle recommend for devices?
- Will La Salle teach students ethical and safe Internet use?
- How will students use their devices in class?
- How will students connect to La Salle’s network?
- Will La Salle provide assistance in setting up and maintaining students’ devices?
- What happens with broken, lost, or stolen devices?
- Will loaner devices be available?
August Intro Sessions for Incoming Freshmen
Sessions will be held in the McShain Library in Saint Michael Hall. We will begin promptly at the scheduled time so please plan to arrive with about ten minutes early with your device fully charged for this hands on session.
Wednesday, August 5 - 8:30-10:30 am
Wednesday, August 5 - 6:00-8:00 pm
Monday, August 17 - 6:00-8:00 pm
Wednesday, August 19 - 8:30-10:30 am
- Recommended Software Specifications
- Operating System
- Microsoft Windows 10
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later
- Internet Browser (any of the following)
- Google Chrome (recommended)
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
In addition to the above recommended specifications, we also recommend the following:
- Office Productivity Software
- All students have access to Office 365
- La Salle uses Microsoft Office 365
- Operating System